Monday, July 30, 2007

Austin-Irving Branch


Read. Learn. Discover. New library, with lovely light, and art. Its 2 stories warm and comfortable. The City of Big Readers books highlighted, with a book discussion set for August for one of the selected Chicago centric titles by Ward Just. I asked the librarian and he produced the book for me, with a due date of longer than 3 weeks, because the book "is due the evening of the book discussion". What a great concept.

Public art appears in a windowed bay . Jason Messinger is the artist. Very appealing. I enjoyed my time in this branch, I was on my way to babysit for my 11 month old grand nephew, and found some fun caldecott medal dvds. I found out that you also take out and return movies to any branch in the system, free for a week.









I think I'll go to the book club discussion coming up, I would like to revisit Austin-Irving.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Followers

Counter